Write a review
- Canola oil nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder or granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup trans-fat free vegetable oil spread (60-to-70-percent oil)
- 3 large egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a cup, dissolve the coffee in the vanilla extract.
- On waxed paper, combine the cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder. In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, vegetable oil spread, egg whites and coffee mixture until well mixed. Then blend in the flour mixture. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the brownies 2 inches from the edge comes out almost clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack, about 2 hours.
- When cool, cut the brownies into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 4 squares. If the brownies are difficult to cut, dip the knife in hot water, wipe dry and cut. Repeat the dipping and drying as necessary.
- Source: 5:2 Fast Diet Desserts App
- By Janak Shah
5:2 Intermittent Fasting Diet http://5-2intermittentfastingdiet.com/